Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Runescape TzHaar Fight Cave

The Tzhaar Fight Cave mini game in runescape has been a good introduction as far as many people are concerned. However, it has its frustrastions in the sense of the amount of time it can take people to claim the highly desired Flame Cape.

The Flame Cape is not the only reward as Tokkul will be given out for any failed attempts at claiming the cape or for any subsequent success of defeating TzTok-Jad. There are some tricks to being able to defeat TzTok-Jad and make the game a little bit easier, although I have never really bothered with doing this mini game apart from when it was initially introduced into the game.

I have researched on some strategies but never quite found the time to tackle it as I do not play runescape for the pixels, I simply play it when I have a few moments of spare time. In this case, I feel that too much time may be needed for me to be successful - as friends informed me it can take over 1 hour to reach TzTok-Jad.

Anyway, some basic tips for those players who feel up to this runescape challenge:

  • Play with the sound on to hear attack style changes
  • Prayer pots will be required
  • Watch out for the healers undoing your work
  • If fighting TzTok-Jad in melee ALWAYS have prayer on for his melee attacks
In essence, this runescape mini game is a test of endurance as each wave of monster gradually gets stronger the longer you survive. It is definately a test of skill to survive and then defeat TzTok-Jad. It is possible to achieve this at low levels. I have seen a level 41 with a Fire Cape and since the capes are not tradeable, it means he managed to defeat TzTok-Jad. However, I do not know how many attempts were taken and the exact strategy used to achieve the feat.

Players who complete this mini game can have some sense of achievement as it will normally involve several attempts before you find a strategy that works for you. All I can say is good luck in your adventures and hopefully one day I will find the time to get my own Fire Cape.

No comments: